v2018.9 [8 Sep 2017]
- New! Backup Statistics and Activity graphically represents content of a backup, provides statistics for backed-up file categories, such as documents, photos, videos, music, and others. Backup activity streams allow you to track history of backup operations starting from a backup creation, the operation statuses, and to analyze the statistics for successfully backed-up data.
- Improved Media Builder to create WinPE media by using Windows Recovery Environment without downloading the additional component—Windows ADK or Windows AIK (up to 6 GB). You can customize your media in Advanced mode, or use the predetermined settings of Simple mode.
- New! Active Protection Dashboard monitors how many potentially risky processes have been flagged, and the number of files duplicated in cache to protect them from the risky processes. The dashboard provides statistics for blocked, trusted processes and allows you to manage a permission list so your trusted applications could run as normal.
- Improved Active Protection compatibility with Windows Defender and other third-party antivirus software.
- Improved Clone disk utility—You can clone disk on an active Windows system without having to use bootable media. By using the volume shadow copy service (VSS), Acronis True Image allows you to create a snapshot of the active partition and boot from the new disk.
- New! Conversion to Virtual Machine—Convert Acronis backup files to the Microsoft Virtual Hard Drive format to ensure the system will boot starting a virtual machine with Hyper-V. You can also mount a .vhd(x) file as a virtual hard drive.
- New! Faster file and system recovery with the enabled WAN optimization option that increases download speed from Acronis Cloud data centers.
- New! Faster Incremental Backup for disk and partition backups with Acronis Changed Block Tracker (CBT). The Volume Tracker reduces the amount of time taken to perform incremental or differential images by monitoring the changes to an image in real-time mode.
- New! Laptop power setting allows you to pause backup while working on battery to save the battery power. The paused backups will continue automatically after connecting power adapter.
- Usability and other improvements:
* Mobile devices are available in the backup source list.
* Access to backup shortcut menu with right-click.
* Progress bar was updated with application window blurring.
* Fixed issue with the search dialog that did not provide functionality of recovering several files from different backup versions.
* Fixed issue with possibility to move a backup from a password-protected network to a local drive or to another share.
v19.0 [30 Sep 2015]
Full support for high-DPI screens.
Custom text labels in the subject of the email notification messages that simplify monitoring backup statuses.
Timing of the product notifications has been coordinated.
An option to limit the upload speed when you back up data to Acronis Cloud.
When creating a WinPE media, there is no need to download Acronis Media Add-on because it is included in the product installer.
An option that allows a user to force or to delay a computer shutdown while a backup is in progress.
Switching between UI elements has been accelerated and improved.
NVMe drives and eMMC drives are supported in both the normal and standalone (bootable media) versions of Acronis True Image.
Different issue fixes, increased stability, and performance improvements.
This release includes the following issue fixes, increased stability, and performance improvements:
Acronis True Image 2016 disables Windows 10 fast startup
The message about terminating current operations prevents a computer from shutdown
Under bootable media, Acronis True Image 2016 (build 6027) doesn't see the internal disk on Microsoft Surface 3 and Microsoft Surface 4
The error "Cannot create a database" appears when starting Acronis True Image 2016
The default subject of email notification messages is changed to the computer name
A disk cloning operation fails, and the computer boots directly to Windows
The default sync was deleted after the product update
Only the first custom backup scheme is saved correctly
The current Try&Decide changes are discarded after you select to keep them when the computer restarts
A P2P sync fails when you join this sync on the second computer
v17.0 [3 Aug 2013]
Free cloud storage
- True Image 2014 now includes 5GB of secure cloud storage. This lets you keep copies of your favorite photos and files online for double protection, where you can access them anytime, anywhere —even from your mobile devices. It also lets you synch and share your files with ease. You can always expand it to 250GB.
Disk imaging goes online
- Backup and restore your entire system—not just files or folders—to the cloud. The exact configuration of your PC, including your operating system, settings, and applications, can now be saved to Acronis cloud storage (space permitting), and then restored in just one click.
Incremental backup to cloud storage
- When you back up to cloud storage there is no need to run a full-system backup every time. Incremental and differential backups are special modes that only capture changes since your last backup to save storage space and improve speed.
Restore your complete PC or just what you need
- With True Image 2014 you can restore an entire disk image from your cloud storage space to recover your entire PC over the Internet, or simply choose a file or folder you need from within a saved disk image and restore it in quickly anytime, anywhere.
Windows 8 is great
- True Image 2014 is fully certified for Windows 8 so it’s ready to go on all the latest PCs. In fact, True Image 2014 works perfectly on all Windows operating systems from Windows XP onward.
v16.0 [3 Jul 2012]
Bring your digital world to a whole new space: bring it online! Add 250GB of government-grade AES-256 encrypted cloud storage capacity with True Image online.
We’ve brought sync to near perfection. We took an already amazing technology and made it even better. Share unlimited amounts of information with your friends or between your own devices, and set any folders you want to synchronize – on your computer, phone, tablet, network, USB key or an external drive. True Image 2013 is so much faster and easier to use than ever before.
Mobile file access
Your data is not just protected but is also available anywhere you go. The files you want are now in all your devices, anytime you want them.
Windows 8 support
True Image 2013 is compatible with Windows 8 so it ready to go on all the latest PCs. Of course it also supports earlier Windows versions down to Windows XP.
Securely Backup Your PC and Mac Files Online - Access Them Anytime
True Image 2013 by Acronis is a complete PC backup and recovery solution.
Copy the data from a damaged hard drive to a new location.
Affordable and reliable drive-imaging solution.
Flexibility to restore files, applications and an operating system